Reliance Industries Limited’s 44th Annual General Meeting (AGM) saw some significant announcements, from the addition of new Jio subscribers and the growth of Jio Platforms, the affordable Jio Phone Next 4G smartphone in partnership with Google. The company also announced that its 100-percent homegrown Jio 5G network has successfully demonstrated speeds in excess of 1 Gbps and recently received regulatory approvals for trials, saying the company is confident it has the the first will be full-fledged 5G services in India. Additionally, Mukesh Ambani has also announced the company’s growth in its retail, fiber optic connections, JioMart reception and much more. Here’s everything Reliance Industries announced at its AGM, in numbers.
- Starting with Jio, the largest telecom network in India added 37.9 million users in FY21, bringing the total to 425 million users.
- Jio is now the second largest telecom operator in the world by subscriber base
- Total Jio 4G data usage last year was about 630 crore GB per month, which is a 45 percent growth in data usage over the previous year
- Thanks to infrastructure investments, Jio has now created the capacity to onboard 200 million additional 4G users
- Jio 5G network managed to exceed 1Gbps speeds in trials
- Jio Fiber has been used in more than 2 million new properties in the past year
- Jio Fiber now has a base of 3 million active home and business users, making it the largest and fastest growing fixed broadband operation in India
- The data usage on Jio Fiber is more than 3.5 times higher than a year ago.
- Jio Fiber is now physically present outside more than 12 million residential and commercial properties, with a deep fiber footprint in the top 100 cities
Jio Phone Next
- Jio and Google-made Jio Phone Next will be on sale from September 10
- The company has yet to reveal the full specifications and pricing of Jio Phone Next
- The phone is aimed at the 300 million feature phone users who are still stuck on 2G
- JioMart has registered over 6.5 lakh peak orders in one day
- Confidence to build four Giga factories to produce and fully integrate all critical components of its New Energy ecosystem, focused on clean energy
These were some of the songs from Jio Platforms. The company’s growth comes despite the COVID-19 pandemic. The company’s consolidated turnover was close to 540,000 crore, thanks to a surge in consumer activity. It had a net profit of 53,739 crores for the year, which is 34.8 percent higher than the previous year.