How to close HDFC bank account – HDFC Bank is the largest Private Sector Bank in India. The Bank offers Services Like Retail banking, Corporate Banking, wholesale banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, Loans & Much More. However, If You are Not Satisfied with the Services Offered By HDFC Bank, You can Always Close your Account. In this Article, We Have Shared the Step by Step Guide on How to Close HDFC Bank Account.
How to close HDFC bank account Online
The HDFC bank Doesn’t Allow You to Directly Close Your Bank Account online. However, you can Download the HDFC Bank Account Closure Form and Submit the Form in Your home Branch to Close Your HDFC bank Account.
- Download The HDFC Account Closure Form online.
- Fill in all The Details Mentioned On the Form Like Your Name, Account Number, Date & Sign the Form.
- Visit Your Branch along with the Account Closure Form, Passbook, credit card, Debit card & ID proof.
- Submit the form to the Bank Executive.
- Once Submitted, The Executive will Verify all the Documents Your Have Submitted.
- After the verification is Done, Your HDFC Bank Account will be Closed in 7 to 10 Working Days.
It is Advisable to transfer all the Balance to Your New Bank Account. However, If You have Forgot to transfer the Money to another Account, You have the option to transfer the remaining By Cash, Cheque, or Demand Draft.
- Also Read – How to cancel a Paypal Payment that Already Sent
Fill in Your beneficiary Bank Name, Branch, IDFC Code, and Account Number To transfer Your Remaining Amount Before Closing Your Account.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Closing Your HDFC Bank Account
Open a New Bank Account – The First step You Have to Perform before You Close Your old Bank Account is to Open New Account in Another Bank.
Transfer Funds – After You have Opened the New Bank Account, Transfer all Your Funds From Your old Account Account to your New Account.
Cancel Auto Payments – If you Have Enabled Auto Payments for your bill, Investments Then Cancel them all. Once Cancelled, Link all Your Automatic Payments to Your New Bank Account to Avoid any Penalty.
Account Statement backup – Account Statements Helps account holders to keep track of their finances. Download at Atleast the Last 6 Months Account Statements For Future Use.
Request For New Debit Card – After You Close Your old bank Account, You Won’t Be Able to Use the Debit card, credit card, or Cheque Issued By That Bank. It is Advisable to Immediately Request For New Debit card From Your New Bank.
HDFC Bank Account Closure Fees
As per Reserve Bank of India Norms, the Banks are Free to Charge You any Closing Fees. However, Account Closure fees can vary From Bank to Bank. The HDFC Bank Account Closure Fees are Mentioned below.
- Account Closure: Within 14 days No Charge
- Account Closure: From 15 days to 6 months 1,000
- Account Closure: 6 months to 12 months 500
- Account Closure: Beyond 12 months No Charge
We Hope This Article Helped You to Know More about How to close HDFC bank account Online. You can also get in touch with HDFC Bank Customer Support For any Queries Regarding Account Closure.