Another pretty lackluster week on Netflix this week with just 24 new releases on Netflix US. It was mainly the headliner of Netflix Originals, which were distributed throughout the week. Here’s a recap of some of the new releases on Netflix this weekend and a full list of everything added to Netflix between June 20 and June 27, 2021.
While this week wasn’t the best of the week, next week promises to be very impressive as we have the usual drop in the first of the month additions. Check out our preview to see what’s coming your way in the next 7 days.
Okay, let’s take a look at the two new titles that were added this weekend.
Wonder Boy (2019)
Director: Anissa Bonnefont
Cast: Olivier Rousteing
Author: Anissa Bonnefont
Duration: 99 minutes
awards: 1 win & 2 nominations
child prodigy or as it was known in France when it was first released in 2019, Wonder Boy, Olivier Rousteing, né sous X, is a documentary about Balmain’s artistic director, Olivier Roustein.
The doc looks at the creative’s career and what goes into his daring designs and looks for his origins.
Ray (Season 1)
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Director: Srijit Mukherji, Vasan Bala, Abhishek Chaubey
Cast: Manoj Bajpayee, Gajraj Rao, Kay Kay Menon, Ali Fazal, Harshvardhan Kapoor, Radhika Madan
Author: Sayantan Mukherjee
Duration: 61 minutes
This new Hindi series was added to Netflix on Friday, but we haven’t been able to show it yet, as we have chosen to highlight the ice road, The A-List and Sex/Life instead.
Already well-reviewed on IMDb with a rating of 8.0, the anthology series wears many hats with many comedic elements. It follows four short stories from the writer that range from a singer who also happens to be a thief and a makeup artist who builds prosthetics himself to get back at those who wronged him.
the seventh day (202)
Genre: Horror, Mystery
Director: Justin P Lange
Cast: Guy Pearce, Vadhir Derbez, Stephen Lang
Author: Justin P Lange
Duration: 87 minutes
Another release this week that we haven’t been able to cover in a daily recap is The Seventh Day, which is getting its SVOD debut on Netflix this week.
Starring Guy Pearce, here’s what to expect from the movie:
“An inexperienced priest teams up with a hardened exorcist to stop a young boy’s demonic possession. But darkness is where they least expect it.”
Full list of new releases on Netflix this week
13 new movies added this week
- Broken (2019)
- Good on Paper (2021) Netflix Original
- Here Comes the Rain (2010)
- In the Wind (2018)
- Murder by the Coast (2021) Netflix Original
- O Vendedor de Sonhos (2016)
- Osuofia in London (2003)
- Osuofia in London II (2004)
- Sisters on Track (2021) Netflix Original
- The House of Flowers: The Movie (2021) Netflix Original
- The Ice Road (2021) Netflix Original
- The seventh day (2021)
- Wonder Boy (2019) Netflix Original
11 new TV series added this week
- Godzilla Singular Point (Season 1) Netflix Original
- jiva! (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Nevertheless, (Season 1 – New Episodes Weekly) Netflix Original
- Ray (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Sex/Life (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The A-List (Season 2) Netflix Original
- The Mole (Seasons 1-2)
- The Naked Director () Netflix Original
- The Parisian Agency: Exclusive Properties (Season 1) Netflix Original
- This Is Pop (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Too Hot to Handle (Season 2 – Part 1) Netflix Original